Saturday, August 31, 2013

Welcome To Another New School Year

Wow!  Is it just me or is this year going by so fast!  I can't believe it's going to be September already.  Before the start of the school year, I made this WELCOME banner for our district office. I thought about raffling this off with all our school site secretaries and then I thought, nah, we can hang it in the district office.  It looks so bright and inviting if I do say so myself.






I'm entering this project on the Decorate to Celebrate challenge blog for challenge #58 - Back to School and Classroom Favors challenge.  Decorate to Celebrate website is full of decoration ideas.  If you're looking for some inspiration, check out the website here.

I used my Doodlecharms and Plantin Schoolbook cartridges.  Each letter is mounted on a library card.

Products:
lots of school inspired patterned paper and paper frames that I've had forever.
Backpack, sun and apples are cut with the Doodlecharms cricut cartridge
Letters cut with the Plantin Schoolbook font cricut cartridge.
Misc. ribbon scraps, paperclips and library cards from my supplies.

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome!! I love the banner!! Perfect to welcome the new school year!! Thanks so much for playing along at Decorate to Celebrate!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Decorate to Celebrate DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!