Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Upcycled Gift Card Holders

If you know me at all, you know I love to recycle and use what I have to make new projects.  Well...look at these cool gift card holders I just made for my kiddos.  The base is a toilet paper roll.

So I started with the never ending supply of empty toilet tissue rolls and smashed five of them (one for each child and Kenny).  Then I cut scrap Christmas paper at 4 x 71/2" to cover the roll.  At first I thought I'd punch holes at one end and either lace ribbon or put in some eyelets, but then I thought nah, I'll just staple one end closed.  So at each end, I stapled two to close it.  I downloaded this free file from Stampin' Up! "Even Naughty People Deserve Something Nice" tags.  Absolutely LOVE them!  Put a line of glue around the edges and put some chunky silver glitter.  Tied some white kite string that I've had forever and there you have it!  I love how they turned out!




Close up...
I thought about adding little jingle bells to the string, but decided not to.  I definitely need to make these next year for my craft sales.  I think they have the potential to be really cute!!


2 comments:

  1. Dorlene, these are fabulous! What a great idea. They came out beautiful. I really like those tags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! I haven't made the tube gift card holders in ages... Love this idea, and there's a never ending supply... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!