Thursday, March 1, 2012

50th Wedding Anniversary

March 17th marks the 50th wedding anniversary for my parents.  My sisters and I will be honoring them with a celebration dinner on March 30th.  I, of course, am responsible for the invites, decorations and favors.  Yup, right up my alley.

Invitations = should be easy as I'm going the easy route and checking out Shutterfly for photo invites.  This is going to be a big shindig so it's the more convenient way to go.

Decorations = I've got to come up with 24 table centerpieces so this one is a little tougher.  My parents and many of their friends are deaf so the centerpieces must be low so everyone can communicate without visual distractions.  I'm going to check out the Dollar Tree this weekend to see what kind of glassware they have and start there.

Favors = I'm thinking about making the faux cake slices from my Cricut.  I've seen this display many times and they are so pretty.  I'm going to play around with them this weekend and see what I figure out.

I'll be sure to post photos once things are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!